73bd0976391e9b52b298c3d52da80230e466043ca88b66391d74465fcfd0d1ef6c8ab7786d6c9cc1 Barton Snacks ~ Eat Cheap TO

Tuesday 9 September 2014

Barton Snacks

B a r t o n   S n a c k s



Hey everyone, welcome to the first post on Eat Cheap TO.  To kick off this content party I decided I would go to one of my favourite places for a cheap bite; Barton Snacks at 1120 Queen Street West, Toronto.  Between Dufferin and Ossington.


This little place seats 6 on bar stools and however many you can squeeze onto a bench outside the front window.  The makeshift wooden bar is a popular waiting area for customers awaiting their tacos, burger or poutine.  This waiting area also holds an ATM, which, unless you carry cash, you're going to have to use as Barton Snacks is a CASH ONLY eatery. 


I ordered a pair of Jerk Pulled Pork Tacos for $8.00 without any sides.  Barton Snacks offers up a bevy of different flavours of taco from fish, to chorizo, to vegetarian.  Not to mention the other cheap food they have to offer.  In the past I have had the beef brisket tacos which were less enjoyable than the Jerk pulled pork tacos.





While waiting for my tacos, which took roughly 15 minutes, I was entertained by the street traffic of Queen West, bordering parkdale.  If you have been, you know what I mean.  I know 15 minutes is a bit of a wait for 2 tacos, but there was a line of 5 in front of me and only one person working.  Taking those factors into consideration I would say it is totally reasonable.

So my Tacos were finally in my hands.  They seem small when you first pick them up, but trust me, there is enough here to get you through whatever your night may bring.  ...unless it's something like the gym or extreme physical activity.



You'll have to forgive the images here as my camera was without a memory card, I promise better photos of the food in the future.



These tacos come wrapped with 2 corn tortillas, stuffed with a fair portion of their Jerk pulled pork, as well as a hefty serving of coleslaw and some kind of sweet BBQ sauce.  Landing firmly on the sweet side of the spectrum- these tacos also packed a bit of heat.  The spice emanating from the Jerk pulled pork, the spice was not too much for me to handle.  ...then again I do love spicy food.


In regards to eating these on the street- I would not attempt it without a hefty stack of napkins as Barton Snacks does not have a washroom or a sink.  Nearing the last bite my hands were coated in a shiny mixture of pork juices and coleslaw dressing.

So lets break it down into a quick at-a-glance review, shall we?


So after spending a total of $9 (they rounded that 4 cents down to the dollar for me) I was pleasantly full of some high quality chow!  Eating cheap has treated me pretty well so far!  Not too shabby Barton Snacks, not to shabby at all.

0 comments:

Post a Comment